Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I happened across this very informative website, EnergyFiend.com which list the amount of caffeine in most energy drinks, sodas, coffee, and caffeinated food, on the market.



To Mrs. P's constant objection my energy drink of choice is Monster Lo Carb and, when I can find it, Nos. Both drinks keep me sharp and able to make it through a long day of meetings, phone, calls, family time, this blog, and whatever else life throws at me. Interestingly, Energy Fiend also provides a Death by Caffeine Calculator - you enter your favorite drink, your weight and it calculates how many of your drink of choice it will take to kill you. For me:
  • Gulp down 106.64 cans of Monster and you're history.
  • 65.62 cans of Nos Energy Drink + You = Death.


Thankfully, I don't have to worry about ever drinking that much of anything. Half a can of either of these on the 9am drive in to the office suffices to carry me throughout the day. And to keep things in perspective, Mrs. Padrone, would need to,"Gulp down 85.71 cups of Brewed Coffee [her caffeinated drink of choice]" and she would be history.

It's not all bad news though,according to Health and Wellness Chanel it seems that drinking an energy drink after a workout will help your muscles recover faster by increasing glycogen levels. Glycogen is the fuel used by muscles to function, when you increase the levels, you shorten muscle recovery, thus increasing your performance at your next workout or competition.

As for me, I will still enjoy the occasional energy drink, especially after my weekend warrior pick-up basketball games... just keep in mind all things in moderation.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Thanks for quantifying what would make me croak. Great example!

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online