Thursday, September 4, 2008


Writing from my trusty Powerbook G4, which is still running strong (and occasionally hot)... I got to thinking about Apple. And I wondered, how many people are waiting for them to trip up on their way to world domination? And though their products are much loved around the world, you have to admit they have been just too damn good of late.

Please keep in mind, I DON'T own an iPod or an iPhone... I decided to stick with Sprint and their own touch phone, the Samsung Instinct. Which I am fairly happy with... but truth be told the Instinct's browser is piss poor, not to mention a few other short comings, but call quality ( and who needs instant messaging) is not one of them, contrary to CNET's reviews. So I have to admit that after the release of the iPhone, and the the media's and fan-boy's/girl's perpetual gushing, I am secretly happy to hear the product isn't quite as great as it initially appeared.

In the last few days, the techno-zeigeist, iPhone 3G has been the subject of numerous complaints and a pending lawsuit aimed at service quality. Then there's the the Psystar countersuit , an iPhone commercial ban in England, MobilMe is a failure, and finally, Bloomberg reported that Apple CEO Steve Jobs had died! God forbid, the media is even trying to write him out of history! I am note sure how much more Apple can take. Only time will tell.

But you may want to consider focusing your attention on Google and the backlash they may face as they attempt to insert themselves, ever so quietly, in every aspect of our daily lives... Is Google the new Microsoft? Are they a media company? Are we in danger of becoming the US of GOOGLE? Again, only time will tell.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online